THe Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): Phi Beta Lambda is an educational organization offered to students at Montour High School. Students participating in FBLA are preparing for careers in business, interested in the free enterprise system, or simply looking to expand their knowledge and experience in a business setting. FBLA helps students develop leadership skills. Members learn how to engage in a business enterprise, while directing the affairs of a group, i.e.: MHS Spartan Shop. The activities within FBLA help prepare students to be better employees and better citizens.
MHS FBLA-PBL provides innovative leadership development programs to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship. Participation in FBLA-PBL can have a direct impact on the direction and success of a young person's career. Students learn, through active membership in FBLA-PBL, about the world of business and what is expected of them in the workplace. Statewide goals of FBLA-PBL include the following:
- develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- encourage members to develop individual projects that contribute to the home, business, and community
- develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism
- encourage and practice efficient money management
- encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- assist students in the establishment of occupational goals
- facilitate the transition from school to work
MHS FBLA membership is open to all students in grades 9-12. Students must be in good academic standing to participate.
The Future Business Leaders of America sponsor is Ms. Gina Ligouri.